Why Hire A Madison Estates Broker?
Established Roots in the Community: The fact is that Madison Estates has been selling New York Real Estate since 1953. We offer more experience than most of our competitors with an exceptional track record and an unrivaled reputation.
Optimal Exposure: The moment your property is listed with Madison Estates it will be exposed to our team of real estate professionals along with our entire co-broker network. We are members of both RLS and MLS giving your property twice the exposure that other firms may offer.
Your property will be featured on the largest industry site: The entire Madison Estates team is comprised of Realtors®. As a seller, your home would now be featured on Realtor.com, the most visited real estate site in the world. Most other firms cannot make the same claim.
Home Warranty Program: When listing your property with Madison Estates you have the option of offering a home warranty to any potential buyer. This would cover your home from the moment that you list with us and carry over to the purchasers for 1 full year. Everyone wants to purchase with a warranty, now your home can be sold with a “One Year Warranty”.
Quality Service Pledge: Madison Estates is one of the only real estate firms to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee in writing to its clients. As Realtors® we must adhere to a strictly enforced code of ethics. No other firm is offering this.
Exceptional Service: Find out for yourself about “The Real Estate Experience”, a registered trademark of our company. Our professionals will provide you with all of the information needed to achieve the maximum price possible for your property in a timely and effective manner. You can expect to receive a checklist to enhance the value of your property, helpful suggestions on how to make your property more marketable and achieve the highest possible selling price, a complete breakdown of your expected closing costs and a timeline for the entire transaction. No question will go unanswered.
Qualify Buyers: We qualify each buyer before we arrive. For sellers, this will help to make the right match between the buyer and your property and ensure a smooth transaction.
Transparency: Take the guess work out of selling your home. Our clients are provided with constant information from our representatives on everything from buyer’s feedback to places where your property will be marketed. We will also keep you updated on industry statistics from the moment that you list with us until the time of closing. We feel that information is the key to making an intelligent decision.
- If any decorating is necessary (especially the kitchen), do it now! A total of $500 in paint may increase the value by as much as $5,000.
- Clean everything until it sparkles, including windows
- Keep all steps, stairways, and halls clear of hazards
- We know that you love your pets but no matter how cute they may be keep them out of the way. One prospect may be scared or annoyed the other may get distracted and become more interested in your dog than your home.
- Replace all non-working light bulbs. It may be necessary to increase wattage or even replace a fixture if it does not provide adequate lighting.
- Tidy up the grounds, porches, and the garbage.
- Eliminate odors and create pleasant aromas. Changing the litter box, putting out the trash and putting an apple pie in the oven can create a very warm environment. You do not have to bake; a store bought pie will do just fine.
- It is best for the home to be vacant during the showings and open houses.
- Leave the showing up to the salesperson. It is their business to sell. They can lead up to basic reactions alone better than with running conversations. It is best to go about your business as usual.
- Never try to sell furniture before the transaction is completed.
- Keep the drapes and shades open to let the light in and turn on all lights. It gives an airy and cheerful effect.
|Closing Costs for Sellers|
|Own Attorney||$1,200.00 and up|
|Move-Out Deposit or Fee||$1,000.00|
|New York City Transfer Tax||1% of price up to $500,000.00 or 1.425% of entire price when it exceeds $500,000.00|
|New York State Transfer Tax||.4% (.004) of price|
|Satisfaction of Mortgage Fees||$450.00|
|E-Tax Filing (ACRIS)||$150.00|
|Gains Tax Withholding (out of State Seller)||7.7% of gain paid|
|Non- US Resident (FIRPTA)||10%of price withheld|
|Disclosure: All fees are approximate. You should consult a CPA or attorney for a more accurate estimate.|